The City Rail Link (CRL) Project is a game changer for Auckland and is the largest transport infrastructure project ever undertaken in New Zealand. The CRL is a 3.45km twin tunnel, transforming the dead-end station at Britomart, creating two new stations at Aotea and Karangahape Road and reconnecting to the network at a redeveloped Mt Eden station.
The Link Alliance is a consortium of local and international construction companies responsible for delivering the tunneling, stations and the systems contracts. These companies include Vinci Construction Grands Projet S.A.S, Downer NZ Ltd, Soletanche Bachy International NZ Limited, WSP Opus (NZ) Limited, AECOM New Zealand Limited and Tonkin + Taylor Limited.
The purpose of this position is to continually promote and support a high level of Quality culture and provide technical support to the Link Alliance Construction, Engineering and Project Controls teams.
Key functions will include:
- Ensuring contract compliance with regards to physical works and contract documentation
- Managing non-conformances and defects, including timely closure
- Developing and managing process control to achieve acceptable physical works
- Implementing Quality initiatives as directed and needed by the project
- Finding inefficiencies within work processes and addressing them with the project team
- Managing document control and contract correspondence, including design RFIs
- Managing the Practical Completion process
- Providing leadership, encouragement and training to project staff