- The Senior Site Manager assumes overall accountability for the control of the site team.
- He/she is responsible for the performance of the Site Managers directly reporting to them.
- Being a principal company representative on the construction site, he/she ensures safety, quality, cost, and time requirements are adhered to throughout the duration of the contract, including the maintenance period that follows.
- As a pivotal member of the Operations department, the Senior Site Manager must lead by example, championing our ‘Inside the Box’ culture, providing day-to-day guidance and mentoring of team members, whilst directly and indirectly contributing towards day-to-delivery, competitive strategy and revenue return.
In addition to the duties normally associated with the position of Senior Site Manager your primary responsibilities will include:
- Comply with authority levels as per the Southbase Delegated Authorities Matrix.
- Develop an excellent understanding of all aspects of Southbase’s internal businesses processes, procedures and policies.
- Constructively participate in all work environments to the benefit of the business, demonstrating support o company values at all time.
- Take steps to create and maintain exceptional workplace culture and recognizing others that do so.
- Acquire and maintain the skills and knowledge related to competent job performance.
- Adhere to agreed Company policy requirements, standard operating procedures and internal competency application.
- Work with the Project Manager and Site Managers to produce construction methodologies and programs which accurately define the project and comply with the contract requirements.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure effect of delays are analysed (within 20 days) and claims for extension of time are prepared and substantiated for Client’s representatives.
- Co-ordinate the work of subcontractors to ensure programme is met.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and that programme up to date throughout construction.
- Prepare reports on time for Project Manager based on “Project Goals”.
- Understand and execute contract documentation and budget structure for projects.
- Work with the Quantity Surveyor for the approval of payment to all Subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure all material deliveries are formally recorded and appropriate dockets signed by the Quantity Surveyor.
- Ensure that all purchase orders, including those initiated by Site Managers are co-ordinated with the Quantity Surveyor.
- Ensure all personnel on the work site understand and comply with the requirements of the Project Management Plan.
- Ensure all personnel on the work site understand and comply with the requirements of the Head Contract.
- Ensure all personnel on the work site understand and comply with the requirements of the Specifications.
- Ensure that risks associated with all trades are assessed prior to commencement onsite and ensure appropriate mitigation procedures are put in place.
- Ensure that all subcontractors, including specialist subcontractors, carry out their works in accordance with contract documents.
- Ensure that appropriate records are kept of all events, instructions and meetings and that all documents are properly and safely recorded and stored.
- Carry out duties in a professional, competent and efficient manner.
- Maintain responsibility for supervision of rectification of defects and associated work after practical completion whether or not a maintenance manager is involved.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Understand, promote and implement HS&E policies and procedures as well as actively participating in all aspects of HS&E throughout the company.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are followed on site and that staff site understand and comply with the requirements of company HS&E policy, relevant Acts of Parliament, Local Body By-Laws and employment relations requirements
- At all times operate in the work environment in a safe manner and to the standards required.
- Understand and demonstrate sound knowledge of the Building Code.
- Ensure Hazard ID and Control methods are used for all work undertaken.
- Use appropriate procedures to control and correct unsafe behaviour.
- Be presentable to …
- Growing the brand at every opportunity presented by marketing Southbase’s capabilities and services whenever appropriate.
Your other responsibilities may include any other duties that we may reasonably require you to do. We may change your duties from time to time to reflect the changing requirements of your position and the business.